During their December 15th meeting, the Tampico Board of Commissioners agreed to add a position in the public works department. The department currently has one full-time and one part-time employee. The position will be posted immediately but no timeline was given as to the hiring date.
The board discussed a $2.00 increase to the monthly garbage fee. Hill explained and apologized for the larger than normal increase saying the village should have increased the rate a few years ago to keep pace with raises in the contract. The new rate will rise to $14.50 per month beginning in the spring of 2022. The exact date has not been determined. Utilities Clerk, Jamie McIntire said customers have not seen a fee increase in the service since 2001. She added that there will be no further increases until the current contract with Republic Services out of Dixon expires in June of 2024. Residents will be notified via their utility bill when the increase will go into affect.
Reports from Village Officials
Mayor Kris Hill encouraged residents to go the Jo-Carroll Sand Prairie Internet website to indicate their interest in bringing fiber broadband to the village and surrounding area. She said filling out form does not commit residents to the service. Sand Prairie Internet Site
The board unanimously approved the following items:
- Fiscal year 2022-2023 schedule of meeting dates.
- Posting a part-time position for the public works department. It was agreed that the position would eventually become full-time. Applications will be available at Village Hall.
- Posting a part-time custodial position at the Reagan Community Center Village of Tampico Employment Application
- Adjusted employee wages as of January 1, 2022 to comply with minimum wage guidelines. This will affect one part-time office employee.
- 2022 annual tax levy. There was no increase from the previous year.
- United Health Care insurance renewal.
- Closing the checking account used for the USDA water main replacement project. Any balance from the account will be moved to the sewer upgrade project account.
Village Clerk Kathy Leathers reported that Mediacom Cable rates will be increasing by $10 per month.
The meeting concluded with Mayor Kris Hill wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2022. The next village meeting will be on Tuesday, January 4 at 7 p.m.