Retiring trustee and Board President, Bill Jacobs was honored at the May 8 meeting of the Prophetstown Fire Protection District Board of Trustees. He was presented a plaque for his six years of service by District Chief, Gerald Armstrong and Assistant Chief, Arian Landheer
New trustee Tony Wade was sworn in along with reelected trustee James Thompson.
Fire Service Report
- District Fire Chief, Gerald Armstrong reported that district responded to 13 calls during the month of April.
- A live burn training on May 7 went well and was attended by four other area departments.
- The cost of this year’s fireworks display has been covered with the Prophetstown Department receiving $7,000 in donations towards next year’s show.
- Trustee and firefighter Mike Thompson has received his investigation license.
- A reminder that the Lyndon Department will hold its annual pancake breakfast on Sunday, June 4
- Approved the purchase of new tires for pumper number five at a cost of approximately $5,000
- Approved the purchase of headsets for pumpers five and six at a cost of approximately $15,500.
- A budget meeting was scheduled for May 22 to discuss future finances and the recently approved tax Levy.
- Director Julie Pope reported the service responded to 40 calls during the month of April.
- The Illinois Department of Health recently conducted its annual inspection of the service.
- EMS week will be celebrated beginning on May 21.
- The current EMT class being conducted is going well and will conclude on June 26
Next PFPD Board of Trustees meeting be held on Monday, June 10 at 7:00PM.
Congratulations Bill Jacobs! Well done.
Congratulations, Bill. Good job.