The Erie School Board met in a special session on Friday, June 2nd to approve bids for various aspects of the construction and renovation for a new elementary building on the site of the District’s Annex Building.
The board gave unanimous approval for moving forward with the building of the new elementary building addition to the current annex with extensive renovations last August with the hope that the new facility will be ready for the ’24-’25 school year.
The cost for the project is $15,280,642 and will be paid for by district reserves including the 1% Facility Sales Tax (which by law has to be spent on facilities), 2018 Exelon Property Tax Agreement funds, CPPRT funds, and Health Life Safety money.
The following motions were passed unanimously at Friday’s meeting:
1. Stichter Construction Co., Inc. for Earthwork & Site Utilities bid 2A in the amount of $304,688.
2. Centennial Contractors of the Quad Cities, Inc., for Concrete bid 2B in the amount of $975,000.
3. Industrial Steel Erectors for Structural Steel & Steel Erection bid 2D in the amount of $893,450.
4. Bush Construction Company Inc. for General Trades bid 2E in the amount of $2,486,745.
5. Sterling Commercial Roofing, Inc. for Roofing and Sheet Metal bid 2F in the amount of $975,350.
6. Builders Sales & Service Company for Drywall, Acoustical & Painting bid 2G in the amount of $1,677,000.
7. East Moline Glass Co. for Glazing Systems bid 2H in the amount of $598,510.
8. Continental Fire Sprinkler Company for Fire Protection bid 2J in the amount of $312,000.
9. Ragan Mechanical, Inc. for Mechanical bid 2K in the amount of $3,749,000.
10. Tri-City Electric Company of Iowa for Electrical bid 2L in the amount of $2,102,508.
11. Stichter Construction Co., Inc. for Asphalt Pavement bid 2M in the amount of $99,650.